“A man has made at least a start on discovering the meaning of human life when he plants shade trees under which he knows full well he will never sit.” –D. Elton Trueblood

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Life...



I am sorry it has taken me long to post an update.  My time has been very limited, as we have had two and even three teams here at a time.  In addition, we now have two interns hard at work.

I will begin by saying that this has been a challenging season in my life for a variety of reasons.  First of all, my grandmother is not doing well back home.  She has been in the ICU for a number of days with internal bleeding and head complications.  Please continue to lift my fam up in prayer during this difficult time.  Beyond that, we lost one of our dear WEEP women.  She left behind three kids.  AIDS is a relentless disease and we are mourning the loss of this loved one.  Along with that, we got word this morning that a one of our staff lost a newborn.  They are not sure of the cause as the baby was born crying and then did not make it.  In addition, I have been fighting off some consistent stomach problems along with a nasty head cold.

Ok that is enough of that…  Now on to the good, no the great!  We celebrated HEART’s 10th anniversary last Saturday!  It was an amazing celebration and so many people came to affirm the work of HEART.  I was asked to speak on “the next generation” which was an honor.  We have such an amazing staff here at HEART.  Along with that, I had the privilege of leading perhaps the best team I have seen in the last four years.  It was a group of 27 high school students and teachers from Colorado.  They worked so hard and blessed to many during their time here.  I was right in my sweet spot working with young leaders for Christ.  This team gave me so much hope for the coming generation.

I have also had the opportunity to continue teaching both in churches and in villages.  I love to communicate truth.  These opportunities have stretched me in new and amazing ways and for that I am grateful. 

Lastly, I have been/will be working on the implementation of an income generating cyber café for some of my best friends here in Kenya.  My best friend arrives next week and we will be working hard to complete this before we depart in late July.  I will keep you posted… 

Thanks so much for all your prayer and support.      

1 comment: